DIY room sprays are so easy you gotta start making your own!
Chemical air fresheners smell gross and are full of nasty, toxic ingredients. Not only is this made with only a few ingredients, it’s easy on your wallet. Once you have essential oils, you can make as many sprays as your little heart desires.
I have multiple DIY sprays. I have one I use after cooking. Another for after changing dirty diapers- works wonders killing that stench. And one for bedtime with lavender to help relax the kiddos.
Best part is you can make your own blends. Don’t be shy. Start with two or three essential oils and you’ve got yourself a delicious smelling room spray!
- small spray bottle with a fine mister- 4 oz bottle
- 2 ounce distilled water (I use tap water sometimes)
- 1 tbsp witch hazel or high-proof vodka
- 20 drops of your favorite essential oil blend
- Combine ingredients in spray bottle. Shake well before each use. Spray as needed.
My Favorite Combos
- Deodorizer- 6 drops eucalyptus, 10 drops lemon, 2 drops tea tree oil (optional)
- Uplifting- 12 drops orange, 10 drops peppermint
- Bedtime- 10 drops lavender, 10 drops rosemary, 5 drops frankincense
- Always store items made with essential oils in a cool place away from sunlight. That includes essentials oils.
- I avoid spraying on furniture to avoid staining linens.
- Carefully select essential oils that are right for you, keeping safety precautions in mind. Check out this chart to learn more about each oil.
- Essential oils can break down plastic so use glass spray bottles or spray bottles specifically made for essential oils.
- Always use essential oils with the utmost care. They are extremely volatile, pure plant extracts.