Who’s a banana bread lover? If you could see me right now, I’m raising my hand. Actually, I love all breads in general but, banana is one of my favorites.
Banana bread, people. It’s one of those things you make because you have a couple bananas on your counter just crying to be given some attention, right? Those last two of the bunch have turned so brown that you either toss them in the trash or make banana bread.
I usually only make one loaf at a time because my family and I devour this bread within hours. Seriously. I wish that wasn’t the case, but a fresh loaf of banana bread goes pretty quickly in our house. Bonus point, because this recipe is pretty fool-proof.
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch baking pan with oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, both sugars, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the oil, butter, and eggs.
- Add the flour and baking soda and gently mix until incorporated. DO NOT over mix. I repeat, DO NOT OVER MIX. This will result in a tough bread.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil. This will prevent the crust from burning.
- Bake for an additional 15 – 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Watch the bread carefully because it can over-brown quickly which will equate to a burnt flavor.
- Allow bread to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!
- Bread will last 3-5 days in airtight container or 2-3 months properly stored in freezer.
I promise you, this banana bread is so simple and so delicious.
So, here’s the deal. I use my kitchenmaid mixer to make this bread, but you can use a hand-mixer or do this by hand. I just find that a stand mixer does an amazing job at incorporating ingredients and creating a pretty batter. But that’s it. Super easy and basic in your pantry ingredients is all it takes to make a delicious loaf of banana bread.
This looks so delicious! I’ve always wanted to attempt to make banana bread especially since we always have a few lingering brown bananas in the kitchen. Now that I have the time, I think I’ll finally try it. Thanks for sharing!